
The Korean-English teachers at my school took me out to a beautiful restaurant and the food was delicious! The girl second from the left is my main co-teacher. If I have problems etc. she is the one that helps me.

On the weekend, a few of us ventured to Seoul to watch the FIFA U17 world soccer final!

It was a 0-0 game and ended up in a shootout with Nigeria taking it 3-0! The place went crazy!!

This is my very own classroom - six tables of 8 = too many girls in room (especially when I can't understand most of them!)

My office desk...lots of room and a nice computer

My kitchen...the view from my bed!

The main room/my bedroom

My bathroom with the shower hanging between the toilet and sink...fun times...
Thought I'd add some pictures again for you all. The girls are all still so excited about my class, so at least they have energy...unlike me. I have a cold which seems to be going around our group of friends here. Not good.
Well, I survived cafeteria spam/tomato soup yesterday and stopped myself from eating what I thought was chicken/tomato soup today - it was tofu! Can't do it. They also eat so much seaweed here (and rice and kimchi(spicy rotten cabbage 3X/day). Can you imagine eating something everyday for each meal???? I just can't wrap my head around it.
And I can't remember if I mentioned this, but many of the toilets here are little tough things in the floor...so weird. It's amazing how you get used to something different when you have to pee really bad though! haha.
7 comments:
Hey Karen is your shower really in between the sink and the toilet their is nothing to stop the water from going everywere WOW crazy world. Hey do you have a phone number were we can reach you.I hope all is well and take care it looks like ya have a nice place to live Hey nice Floors
You look tall! How nice of the teachers to take you to lunch & how wonderful that you like the food! Yes, a room full of 48 girls all day long could be a LONG day! Let's hope they keep on enjoying your class.How exciting to see a soccer game! How brave of you all to venture out on your own!! Yeah....that shower looks challenging! We hope you get over your cold soon. We love you!!
Mom & Dad
Hi Karen,
Thanks for the pix! Now we have a little idea of how it is for you. I really hope the food stuff straightens out for you and you can find something that you'll really like-- like that nice restaurant every other day!!
we really hope your cold goes away!!! praying for you, love aunt annette and uncle rob steph and mike too--and Jodi!!
who wrote the first comment??
who wrote the first comment??
Hi Karen. Nice to see your pictures. It sounds like things are going well enough. Hope you can find some food that agrees with you - it will build up your strength and resistance. Your place looks like a college dorm room - any windows? Glad to see you got out on the weekend for a game. Keep up the good work. Enjoy the culture.
We think of you often and keep you in our prayers.
Love from Aunt Jennifer
Hi Karen, sorry hat i did not write sooner! Opa has problems with
both of his eyes now,he can not read the headlines in the paper,
that is very hard on him.
your pictures are so nice!
our prayers are with you each
day. your place looks great,
nice that some teachers took you
out,we hope that you enjoy the food! a hug and love from opa,oma.
Post a Comment